Tuesday, August 13, 2013

All Things Good Must Come to an End

3:00 @ CrossFit Bloomington Normal

3 Rounds Not for Time
5 Bottoms Up KB Press (26#)
4 MU

NOTES: The transition from the 18# to the 26# KB is crazy! It's really hard to keep it balanced.  It takes a lot more muscle and a lot more concentration. I did two sets of 2 MU each round.  I'm still not comfortable with their rings.

Squat Clean & Jerk
1 x 2 + 1 (75% of clean) (155)
2 x 1 + 1 (80%) (160)
2 x 1 +1 (85%) (170)

NOTES: These felt pretty good, considering my legs are really sore and I have two HUGE, uncomfortable wounds on both of my knee caps that like to break open every time I bend my legs. (Whoever thought that doing burpees on a concrete slab - at the competition - would produce positive results clearly didn't test out that theory).  I don't think I'm jumping forward as much in my cleans, but Andy thinks otherwise.  Since today was my LAST day in Bloomington for the summer, I will actually get to work with Andy in person, not over text/video/awkward phone conversations :)

Back Squat
5 x 2 @ 70% (180)

NOTES: These felt so heavy! I think I messed up my quads a little bit after  I took that week off, and they haven't had a chance to recover.  It wasn't necessarily that the weight felt heavy, it was that my muscles felt like they were going to tear (not literally...).  My form looked good though. 

WOD:
40 DU
20 KB Swings (53)
10 HSPU
800m Run
10 HSPU
20 KB Swings (53)
40 DU

TIME: 7:40
NOTES: For whatever reason, I failed about three times each on the DUs.  I was proud of myself for doing all the KB swings unbroken.  In the second set I figured that I would set it down really quick after about 12.  But, I realized that I have a problem breaking up sets when I don't need to.  I really underestimate how far my body can go.  The HSPU were fine.  All UB with just a little kip.  The run was pretty good.  I actually tried to keep moving pretty fast.

Sprints
8 x 100m Sprint (walk back rest)

NOTES: We didn't really know where the exact 100m mark was, so we guestimated.  I picked a distance that was taking me between 14-15 seconds to run.  I felt so great to move fast.  We never get to sprint in CrossFit, so I felt like I was flying.  It brought me back to my good ole track & field days. I'm really glad that Andy programmed these in.



It's crazy that summer is over and I'm moving back to Chicago tomorrow.

I just want to give a HUGE THANK YOU to Tom and Janelle and FitBodies and Chad and Brian at CrossFit Bloomington Normal for welcoming me into their amazing gyms and standing in as  my substitute coaches for the summer.  You guys are amazing! 

                         Team: CrossFit Bloomington-Normal | CrossFit Games

And, of course, I need to get a shout out to the girl that did every workout, every warm up, every strength program with me this entire summer.  Thanks Jenna for being my training buddy all summer long! Thanks for pushing me and motivating me and giving me someone to talk to everyday.  I'm going to miss you and our matching outfits :)  Just let me know when you want to come up and visit me and River North CrossFit!


Cheers to suitcases busting at the seams! 



No comments:

Post a Comment