Friday, August 16, 2013

'Power' Lifting & Rope Climbs

10:30 @ RNCF (w/ Andy)

2 Rounds Not for Time:
30 UB Wall Balls (16#)
5 KB Snatch (each arm), 35#, 44#
10 BF Chest to bar

NOTES: The wall balls were actually under control today. Thank goodness. I haven't done that many UB wall balls for awhile. It also felt good to do the C2B butterflies. I was doing sets of 5.

Power Snatch
2 x 2 @ 75% (110)
4 x 1 @ 80% (115)

NOTES: It felt strange to do a whole set of power snatches. I've gotten so used to squatting. It was great to have Andy there coaching me. I need to re-program in my brain how I think of 'pull back'. Before, whenever Andy would tell me to pull the bar back, I was essentially just thrusting my hips into the bar, which was popping it even more forward. I need to think more pull from the traps, and not from the hips. He also fixed my starting position: wider grip, butt up, and shoulders pulled back.

Power Clean & Push Jerk
2 x 2+1 @ 75% (150)
4 x 1+1 @ 80% (160)

NOTES: The cleans felt ridiculously easy, but the push jerks felt awkward. I'm not good at stabilizing my low back when I push jerk. When I split jerk, the positioning of my legs cures that problem. I need to get more familiar with this movement.

Snatch Pulls
A lot of pulls with empty bar

NOTES: I practiced pulling BACK, keeping the bar close to my body, and literally falling backwards in my pull.

WOD
5 Rounds
2 Rope Climbs
20 KB Swings (53#)
20 HR Push Ups
20 Walking Lunges
200m Run

TIME: 20:30
NOTES: I felt pretty good about the rope climbs today. I did the first set of KBs UB and the last four rounds in sets of 10/10. And, of course, my push ups were crazy. Mid-WOD, Andy told me I might as well just do push-ups on my knees...I don't really understand walking lunges. They don't do it for me. I actually moved decently quick on the run and tried to get on the rope quickly. It helped that Andy was beating me on the rope climbs and the KB swings - it kept me motivated. I ended up beating him by 1 second :) BUT he'll complain that I didn't do my push ups 'right'. Nothing better than a little friendly competition!



Cheers to Oak Street Beach!






No comments:

Post a Comment