Friday, August 23, 2013

Muscle it Up


5:30pm @ RNCF

3 Rounds Not for Time
10 Reverse flys in GHD (5# DBs)with 3 second negative
5 Wall Walks

NOTES: I had never done reverse flys in the GHD. I tried to focus on squeezing my shoulder blades together as hard as I could the whole time. It was a good new movement. Andy prescribed 2 wall walks, but that was just way too easy. I bumped it up to 5 UB wall walks, which still wasn't too bad. It was a good warmup.

WOD
Every 2min for 20min to max UB muscle-ups

Round 1 - 7
Round 2 - 5
Round 3 - 5
Round 4 - 5
Round 5 - 4
Round 6 - 4
Round 7 - 5
Round 8 - 5
Round 9 - 4
Round 10 - 4



TOTAL: 48
NOTES: I was disappointed with my first set of 7. The only reason I came off the rings was because my grip was slipping (I didn't put any chalk on my hands). I should have tried to rest longer on the top of the rings when I felt my grip was going. I was very surprised that I was able to maintain sets of 5 for awhile. The last two sets of 4 were kind of scary. I didn't attempt the 5th rep because it felt like I was going to slide right off the rings - which is a terrifying feeling. But, overall, I can admit that my muscle ups have come a long, long way in a relatively short amount of time. (In the Open I didn't link ANY of the MUs)

Planks
5 x 1min planks (30 sec rest)

V-Ups
2 x 20 V-ups

NOTES: Ab work is pretty boring. It was fine. Nothing special. It sucks limiting my workouts.


Cheers to sweet potato pancakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment