Monday, November 25, 2013

Snatches, Airdyne, & Millions of Wall Balls

SUNDAY

11:00AM at RNCF

Snatch pull. snatch pull. squat snatch - Build to tough 1.1.1 in 12 minutes. 

NOTES: Well after I figured out that I didn't have to do three sets of this, it totally changed the game.  I worked up to 135#. 

I think my biggest concern right now is with squat snatching.  I'm really inconsistent with them, even at really light weights.  I continually drop the bar in front of me.  I'm way more consistent with power snatches.  

EMOTM 8: Squat Snatch 85% of 135 = 115#.  

NOTES: This was really bad.  I missed 2 reps on my first attempt and I was jumping forward like 3 feet.  The weight doesn't feel heavy, I just feel totally out of control. I got extremely frustrated with this. 

5 AMRAP - UB power snatch ladder (3-2-1-3...) @ 95#. 

NOTES: This WOD saved me from totally going insane.  The power snatches felt great.  It felt good to move the snatches quickly.  I got through the 3-2-1 five times.  Looking back, I probably should have gone a lot faster, but I don't breathe when I do things unbroken, so I get out of breath really easy. 

3 sets 30s airdyne sprint 

NOTES: these were all at about 14 calories (compared to the 18ish cals at the bike at SLSC) My legs were dead after these - I was pretty much full out.  

3 sets 30s row sprint 

NOTES: I was able to keep the rower at about 1:44 or below the entire time while keeping good form. 


Post WOD:

CATCHING FIRE! 




MONDAY:

7:00PM at RNCF

8 x 2 Back Squat @ 87.5% (225#) 

NOTES: I was surprised at how 'good' this felt.  The first set felt pretty heavy, but it seem liked each set got easier. I'm really trying to focus on engaging my core and keeping everything engaged the whole time. 


15 AMRAP
Deficit HSPU (2") 1 -> 10 with 10 UB C2B Pull Ups in between each round 
ROUNDS: 1 Full Set + 1 HSPU.  

NOTES: To put this into perspective, I did sets of mostly 3s at Regionals for the 100 C2B.  I think it took me about +/- 10ish minutes.  Today it took me 13:30 to complete 100 C2B + 45 DHSPU.  I think that's pretty cool.  I like being forced to do things UB, because that's been a big problem for me.  Before today I don't think I've ever done more than 5 UB in a WOD. I did all the HSPU UB.

E 1:40 25 WB for 8 Rounds 

NOTES: This was pretty awful. That was a lot of wall balls. My shoulders were sore from the C2B and then my legs got pretty beat up. I really hope that next week isn't 30 WB...


30min Airydyne (30s hard/30s easy)

NOTES: I tried to stay really consistent throughout the rounds. I think it was about 270ish cal and 7.5 mi. 




Cheers to big snow flakes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment