Friday, November 8, 2013

Jerks

Friday - 8:30 AM @ RNCF

Split Jerk 1.1.1 = 175#. I honestly thought I broke my back when I brought the 175# back down to the front rack position for the first time. I'm not used to bringing that heavy of weight back down on my body, so I caught it with my shoulders back and my low back arched and felt my spine crack. It was horrible and awful and scary. But, I took like 4 minutes and then tried it again and got all three without too much trouble. I feel fine now, it was just a really scary moment - especially with my history of back problems.

EMOTM 8: Split Jerk at 140# - This was really easy.

AMRAP Push Jerk: 130#/9 reps, dropped bar, 1 rep; 123#/6-4; 120#/6-4.
I did 10 reps each time. My shoulders got pretty cashed pretty quick. Then, once I dropped the bar and had to clean it back up it sucked up all my time and I really wasn't that much recovered. I feel like this went really poorly. I should be able to get a lot more reps. Also, I don't know what my max push jerk is - I never push jerk anything heavy - so I just estimated these weights.

20 AMRAP: 200m run/25 HR Push Ups/200m row/10 strict pull ups/200m run/3 wall climbs/200m row/2 legless ropeclimbs at 70% = 2 Rounds + run/25 HR push ups/row.
The pull ups kind of sucked. I was only doing sets of 3 at a time. I was surprised that I did all the push ups UB and they didn't feel too bad. I had never done legless rope climbs before - they were really hard - but I was able to do them. I took like a 20 sec break between climbs. I just tried to keep a good rhythm. It wasn't that bad.

Cheers to lady date!

No comments:

Post a Comment