Thursday, November 7, 2013

PM: Front Squats, 3 Rounds

Thursday at RNCF, 7:30pm

5x5 Front Squat (155#) - These felt pretty good. My hip didn't act up at all. My glutes are just really tight.

Seated DB Press - 35# These felt pretty light-ish. I probably could have used the 40s.

Strict weighted pull ups - 13# kb I tried to do sets with the 26#, but quickly realized that I cannot string weighted pull ups together very well. These were hard. It's weird not to kip at all.

3 sets: 10 thrusters/10 t2b/20 box jump, step down/10 burpees/10 power clean/500m row - rest 8 minutes
Round 1 = 4:32 (2:12 row)
Round 2 = 4:38 (2:14)
Round 3 = 4:38 (2:13.5)

I did all the movements unbroken and quick. The only hard part was the row. As you can see, the row was really slow - but the sad part is is that I was trying really hard. My legs are a little (maybe more that a little) beat up from all the high volume rowing/biking that I've been doing lately. I'm not used to that.

I don't like being rushed at the gym. I wasn't able to get in until about 7:30 (and the gym closes at 9:00pm). I also don't like doing everything by myself. It's a bummer.

WANTED: Training partner.


Cheers to blueberry scones!

No comments:

Post a Comment