Wednesday, November 6, 2013

30 MU for Time; 500 DU & More

Fresh Start. New programming. No more journal article. Yipee!

I haven't been able to blog this semester because I've been working on a HUGE project (85 pages and 512 footnotes...) that has literally sucked up every minute of my time outside the gym. Hopefully I'll be able to post more regularly.

AM - 30 minute airdyne (every 2 minutes 30 second plank on each side).
I did the bike/side plank stuff this morning. It was pretty chill.

PM - 30 MU for time = 6:05

5/4/3/3/3/3/2/1/1/1/1/1/1/1) I had 15 reps at 2:06. I started cashing out on about rep 23, when I had to switch to singles. I no repped 3 MU because I couldn't get out of my dip. That's never happened to me before. I was pushing so hard but my triceps were beat. I wasn't even breathing hard at the end. But my traps and triceps just blew up like crazy.

Rest 10-15 minutes.

2K Row - 500 DU - 3 Mile airdyne = 29:19 (9:19 row, 8:40ish DU, 11:19 bike)

The row was the easiest thing. I actually had a negative split on my 1000s, but only by a couple seconds. My shoulders were toast on the DU. I tried to do sets of 25-50. After about 300 I was doing smaller sets of about 20-30. I probably took too much rest in between the sets. I didn't have my phone/clock by me, so I didn't have any concept of time. The bike sucks. I don't know why I can't go fast. I feel like I try and change my speed/intensity, but nothing happens. You had my goal time at 26:00. At 26:00 I was at 2.1 miles on the bike (still had 0.9mi to go). My calves are pretty beat from that. I rolled them out for awhile before I left.

P.S. It's hard to count 500 reps.


Cheers to Go Revs!


No comments:

Post a Comment