Tuesday, November 26, 2013

100# Step Ups...

TUESDAY:

EMOTM Squat Cleans. 
Start at 135#, add 10# each minute.  
NOTES: Failed at 195#.  I knew I was going to fail it before I even picked it off the ground. I just didn't have the right mind set.  185# didn't feel too bad, I just have a mental block with anything over 190#. 

Clean Grip RDL
 3 x 4. (205#) 
NOTES: My hands are pretty beat up from the C2B yesterday.  These hurt my hands more than anything.  

5 AMRAP @ 80%
5 DB Burpee Box "jump" overs (50#/hand) (20")/10 walking lunges with 45# plate/15 KB swings (44)
ROUNDS: 2 Rounds + 1 burpee jump over. 
NOTES:  Those db/burpess were INSANE.  A 100# step up is no joke.  Everything else felt fine. 

They did the DB burpee box jump overs at the CrossFit Invitational. 

Rest 5 min. 

5 AMRAP @ 80%:
 7 T2B/7 DL (115#)/ 14 jumping lunges
ROUNDS: 5 Rounds + 14. 
NOTES: My hands felt awful on this.  The movements weren't bad.  I probably could have pushed a little harder. 

Because I only had one big chunk of time in the morning, I just did the AM work after my workout. 

Rowing - Every 2min. for 40 minutes, do either 7/7 Pistols OR 3/3 Hip Airplanes.  
  My splits for these were kind of crazy.  I started really slow at like 2:45 pace, then it moved to about 2:35, and then dropped to about 2:26 at the end.My last 4 rounds dropped to under 2:20 and it felt smooth and easy.  I got more comfortable with each round. 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  


Cheers to studded boots! 



No comments:

Post a Comment