Sunday, February 24, 2013

train the brain

Today was a rest day (minus the hours and hours of law school homework - training the brain!). I'm pretty beat from yesterday, but I still feel good. I was surprised that I wasn't ridiculously sore after those heavy front squats and deadlifts.  I'm always surprised how much my body can handle.

As I type, the 2012 CrossFit Games are playing on my tv in the background. I LOVE watching these women workout.  It's so inspiring and entertaining. How sweet would that be to compete in the GAMES!?!

I'm going to try really hard to eat clean(er) and more paleo-ish this season.  It's not that I eat bad, I just have a lot of room for improvement. For example, I could probably cut out the chocolate covered graham crackers and lemon heads.  Hopefully this will help my performance. Sometimes when I try and eat 'healthier' I end up not getting enough calories or enough protein, so I made sure to buy some more protein today.

Did I mention that I love watching the Games?

I'm super excited to get a good week of training in. Next week is my spring break (yay for being a student!) so I'll be back in Bloomington at a couple different boxes.

I think it's fun and important to drop in at other boxes. Vary your training. Vary your warm-up. Vary your coaching.

I've been very luck to come across so many great athletes/coaches/owners in my few months I've been crossfitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment