Monday, February 25, 2013

perspective

5pm 

'Transformers': 10RFT
1 Squat Clean (155)
3 MU
5 HSPU

TIME: 14:44
NOTES: First off, I think I might have done an extra round. Oh well. The more the merrier, right? As expected, the squat cleans felt pretty heavy (90+% of my max!), BUT I am feeling a lot more confident under a heavy bar. The MUs are slowly, slowly progressing. I did the first 3 unbroken! Then the second set I did 2, 1. Then I did singles the rest of the time. I need to work on MU endurance for sure. And, the HSPU were a breeze. 

Rest 7ish min...

Back Squats:
2 x 155
2 x 175
2 x 190
2 x 190
2 x 190
2 x 190
1 x 200
1 x 215 (PR!)
1 x 225 (failed...)

NOTES: I wasn't supposed to max today, I was supposed to get 10 sets of 190, but I was feeling antsy.  To be honest, I just want to have a more impressive back squat max on my CrossFit.com Athlete Profile (I know, this is so pathetic). I actually felt really strong on the 215. But, on 225 my chest fell forward at the bottom and I dumped the bar over my head, which is NOT safe. That's an old bad habit that I need to fix. ASAP. I was feeling really rushed, and there were a ton of people in the class so I just stopped after the failed attempt. I was pretty pissed. 

BUT, I need to remember to put things into perspective. I need to stop comparing myself to everyone else and start competing against myself. 

Just a few months ago I would not have even been able to complete the 'Transformers' wod - I didn't know how to do ONE MU (let alone 30...) and I wasn't able to squat clean 155. 

Also, even though I think my back squat should be heavier and I was disappointed, just SEVEN weeks ago my back squat was 175.  In seven weeks I put FORTY pounds onto my back squat. I would say that's an accomplishment.  (I've been following the Burgner Squat Program and obviously it's working wonders)

Things I need to remember to work on this week:

  1. OH Squats (preferably pretty heavy)
  2. Bar MUs (I, and pretty much anyone else who is into this stuff thinks they are going to be in the Open)
  3. Snatch
  4. Wall Balls (for some reason I kinda suck at these. I think I just need more repetition) 
FOUR more days till Spring Break.
 

Cheers to perspective! 




No comments:

Post a Comment