Tuesday, February 26, 2013

big shoulders

1pm @ RNCF

"12.3" 18 AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible...in 18 minutes)

15 Box Jumps (20in box)
12 Push Press (75 lbs)
9 Toes to Bar

ROUNDS: 10 Rounds + 21 Reps = 381 reps
NOTES: The box jumps felt great - I had a really good rhythm going. I was pretty much using those for my rest. The push presses got heavy about half way through, but I only broke them down into sets of 8 and 4. The T2B weren't that bad. By the end I was doing sets of 6 and 3. My goal was to break 10 rounds, and I did! So I was pretty content. But, I think I could have gone a little bit faster at the end. Who knows.

Since we all know I'm obsessed with numbers and rankings. Before I had even caught my breath or stripped down my bar I pulled up the results from last years Open (which is where this workout came from). I would have placed 35th in the North Central Region and 321st in the world. That's not too shabby.

My shoulders are exhausted from the past few days training. I was going to get a couple sets of OH Squat in today, but I decided my body needed recovery more than a few extra reps.

Post-WOD:

Splashed by slush/snow/dirtiness from a cab driver
Sprayed my an old man's snow blower
Pelted with falling ice from a 50+ story building

...and this was my beautiful reaction to all the beautiful things that ensued.

photo.JPG

Cheers to accumulation of snow INSIDE your boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment