Saturday, February 23, 2013

Ready, Set, Open

I need to write down my thoughts/questions/concerns/goals about the OPEN before my brain explodes!

I started crossfitting in August 2012 after 'retiring' from the great world of Division I track & field (400m hurdles to be exact) and have been thoroughly addicted ever since. So, needless to say, this is my first Open.

I'm beyond excited to see how I stack up in the North Central regional. I hope to be in the top 50 of individual women.  But, if I'm being honest with myself, I hope to place a lot higher than that. I've been crunching the numbers (yes, I'm a crossfit nerd) and I think there is a good possibility to start making a name for myself in this region as an up-and-coming, young crossfitter. My gym also has a really great chance of qualifying a quality team of men and women. It will be interesting to see how the cards fall.

I still need to develop a few movements and get stronger if I ever want to break into the top 20 tier: deadlifts, rope climbs, butterfly pull-ups, and linking muscle-ups to name a few.

It would really be to my advantage if the Open threw a bunch of gymnastics moves at us. In my dream world there would be an AMRAP of handstand push-ups!

I just need to remember that the numbers and rankings and scores aren't what this is all about.  Sometimes my Type A personality kicks in a little too much, and I just need to calm down.

Even though I'm nervous and anxious, I am really confident in my training.

Cheers to a great season!






No comments:

Post a Comment