Thursday, February 28, 2013

big, heavy snatches

5pm @ RNCF

Snatch:
Warm up - 10 x 65
3 x 85
1 x 105
1 x 115 (it took me three tries to stand this up, I kept falling forward in my squat)
1 x 120
1 x 125 (PR! - my old max was 122)
1 x 130 (DOUBLE PR!!!!!)
1 x 135 (fail, fail, fail)

This is actually a picture of me OH Squatting 125#. It was the closest thing to a picture of me snatching. 

NOTES: I CANNOT believe that I got a 130 snatch!!!!!! That's a HUGE PR!  I also almost stood up 135 - but I jumped forward and didn't bring the bar into me. I was on a super high after this! In college I could barely snatch 70 pounds.  I would say I've come a long ways. I'm super stoked to keep adding weight. 135 didn't even feel heavy, I just lost focus on my form. So. Excited.

Rest 5ish minutes...

20 AMRAP:
10 Power Snatches (55)
6 KB swings (53)
15 Wall Balls

ROUNDS: 7 Rounds + 14
NOTES: I stole this workout from Graham Holmberg (he got 10th in the Games last year!).  I naively thought this looked easy on paper. BUT, this workout was awful and long and it sucked. I was exhausted by round 2. The snatches weren't that bad, but the KB swings started straining my back and my legs got sore on the wall balls. I for sure could have gotten in at least one more round, but my heart rate maxed out super fast.

Post-WOD:

I worked on these bad boys after the wod.      - - - - - >   L-Sit into Handstand Push Up 

These were super fun and drew a ton of attention on us. Obviously.

Check out the video of some random dude doing it.   




I'm officially on Spring Break AND the OPEN starts next week. That's a pretty sweet combination. 

Cheers to heavy snatches! 


No comments:

Post a Comment