Saturday, June 29, 2013

HUGE FRAN PR

8am @ FitBodies

1500m Row

NOTES: I was exhausted this morning as the result of a night of wonderful fun in downtown Bloomington with an all-male, Australian softball team. Random. The row was slow and woke me up a bit.



Back Squat
20 x 155

NOTES: This was the first time this felt hard. I had to rest a lot more in between reps. The last four reps were kind of a struggle. It was really hard for me to keep breathing. It probably didn't help that I didn't do much of a WU before I did this. It was pretty shocking to they system.



Muscle Up
5 x 3 UB MU

NOTES: It was fun to mess around with these for a couple minutes. Lately I've been doing MU in really high stress/high intensity settings. It was nice to just focus on technique and get in a couple good reps. I'm helping out Jenna, a fellow BHS grad and FitBodies enthusiast, with her MUs, so it was good for me to break down the movement.



"Fran"
21-15-9
Thruster (65)
Pull Ups

TIME: 2:38
NOTES: IS THIS REAL LIFE!? I can't believe this time. I was in shock. I was really hoping to get 3:30, which I crushed! I went UB on all the trusters, which wasn't hard at all. I went UB on my 21 pull-ups, which I did butterfly. I think I broke up my 15 into 3 sets of random numbers. I had to switch to kipping. Then I did 5-4 kipping for my last set. It's amazing to see how far I've come in just a handful of months.

Fall 2012 4:08
December 2012 3:44
June 2013 2:38

Of course, I puked after I got done. It was totally worth it!



Sled Pushes

6 x 40-50m (?) (Sled + 120#)

NOTES: I added 30 pounds from last week. It was noticeably heavier. My legs hurt. Duh.




Cheers to 8 hours of research on a Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment